Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Miracle In March

It was Tuesday March 8th and I was getting ready to call it a day at work. I glanced at my cell phone and saw that I had missed a call from Hattie, my PHC co-worker. I listened to the message she had left me telling me to call her as soon as possible. I immediately returned her call for I knew and felt it was urgent. For some reason, a God reason, she was still at the center after closing for the day. It was 4:05 when the phone rang. She contemplated not answering it, but she did and it’s a woman who is pregnant and has already made her appointment for an abortion. Hattie visits with her on the phone and answers this precious woman’s questions. Before the phone call ended Hattie mentioned to her my name and the fact that I have experienced abortion. Hattie asked her if she would like to speak with me and praise God she said YES! I immediately started praying asking the Holy Spirit to be my every thought and my every word.

I didn’t call her until I got home. I will admit that when I called her and got her voicemail I was a little worried that she might not return my call so I sent her a text telling her I looked forward to hearing back from her and would be waiting. Thirty minutes later she called and we had a lengthy conversation. Her hopes were that I would tell her that its ok if she has the abortion. She wanted to hear me say that life would go on as normal. She did not hear what she was hoping to hear. I shared with her that she would not be ok and that life as she knows it would never be the same. I told her of how my life was turned upside down, how the enemy had put blinders on me and then ripped them away once I had gone through with the abortion, how I remembered and still remember when my daughter’s birthday comes around, how I still sometimes wonder what she would be studying in college right now, and how I will probably always feel that something is missing in my life. Yes, I shared with her that I walk in freedom today but it took me years to get there. I told her of the women who are still in unbearable pain years after their abortion. This sweet woman cried as she told me she just didn’t know if she could love this baby. She has a 7 year old child so I asked her if she loves her child and she said yes. I asked her if she would die for her child and she said yes. I then told her that she would feel the same exact way about the child she is carrying. I told her that her son is already a big brother and she is a mother of not one child but two.

She asked me if I regret the choice I made when I was sixteen and I said every single day but that I also know that my child is waiting for me and I will see her again one sweet day.


Before the call ended I asked her to consider doing something. I asked her to cancel her appointment at the abortion clinic for now. At least until she is able to have an ultrasound. I didn’t expect her to answer me one way or another. I just wanted her to consider what I was asking.

We ended the call and I did the only thing I knew to do. I prayed. I pleaded with God to show Himself to her, to hold her in His arms and whisper to her how much He loves her, to remind her that she is not alone and will not go through this alone and to tell her of the plans He has for her and this precious one she is carrying.


The next day I knew she had an appointment at the center with Bonnie and that an ultrasound would be scheduled for her. I continued to pray throughout the day and then Emily emailed me and said, “She’s here! Be praying!” I immediately got a prayer chain going. The next three to four hours were the longest I have ever experienced as I just waited. She was in with Bonnie for almost three hours. During that time there was multiple people praying. Teia had also got her an ultrasound appointment and this woman would be leaving the center and be heading straight to her appointment for her ultrasound and also to see a doctor.

At approximately 3:25PM on March 9th of 2011 I received a text from Emily, who got to go with her by the way, that said and I quote, “She’s keeping it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” To say I was ecstatic doesn’t even come close to what I was feeling. God performed a miracle and I got to be a part of it. I will never forget this day! I will never forget how awesome it was to be a part of this amazing woman choosing life for her little one. I pray that God will use me and my sisters at the center many more times.

I spoke with this woman last night and the first thing I noticed is that there was something different in the sound of her voice. I heard peace in her voice. I heard God in her voice. She shared with me that she experienced God like she has never before on this day.

What a happy day! One more thing I want to share. As she visited with the doctor who happens to be an OB/GYN she mentioned the fact that she doesn’t have a doctor and hated the idea of trying to find one. This doctor told her he would be her doctor! Before she left she made her next appointment. Thank you God, for doctors like this sweet godly man.



So as I close, I ask that you keep this woman in your prayers. Yes, God is drawing her close to Him but she is still very fearful of what her future holds. Satan lost the battle but he will continue to try to attack her. I believe God has some crazy awesome plans for this woman and the child she is carrying. What a testimony she now has! Pray with me for this woman.

I will keep you posted as her story unfolds.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.



And to this sweet woman I just want to encourage you to keep drawing close to God. I am so thankful that He put you in my life and in the lives of the other women at the center. We are going to be there with you every step of the way. More importantly, God is with you always! He’s there even on the days you cant feel Him. He’s there. And I was serious; I want to know when the baby arrives. I want to be there with you and its pretty safe to say that Emily will be there too. Walk with Him and during times when you just can’t walk He will carry you.

1 comment:

angierams said...

what a mighty God we serve!