Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One loved Momma right here!

Can I just bore you for a moment and share how blessed I am to be the mother of two thoughtful boys. They are both so different in the ways they show their love for me. Bailey tends to the little things that mean so much to me like picking up around the house, running some of my most hated errands now that he’s 16 and the one I think I love the most is the way he demands that his little brother respect me. Nothing sets Bailey off more than when his momma is disrespected. I love this about him. He stands up for and protects me which tells me that he is going to be a great husband. He not only stands up for me but he also stands up for his beliefs. He loves God! He strives to live a life that is pleasing to God. This makes this momma a happy one!

Jared, on the other hand, shows his love in complete other ways. While he is not one who picks up after himself unless, of course, there are privileges at stake, he is one who shows his love in much different ways, ways that are profound and really touch my heart.

If you have read my post about Jared setting Rylee’s brick in an area of my flowers then you have seen into the heart of this young man. Well I am writing today to tell you that he has done more work in this area. He told me yesterday while I was home for lunch that he had Grandma helping him with something. My heart just smiled at the selfless act this little man was in the process of doing.

As I was finishing things up at work for the day he called me and told me he had a surprise for me when I got home. I had a hunch of what I might find when I got home but I hurried home anyway.

Here is what I found.
He planted some flowers!
What a sweet, sweet boy! He can be such a little smart mouth but on the other hand he is the kindest kid I know. He was working in his garden when I got home. I walked over to him and gave him a bear hug and thanked him. I told him that I bet his big sister smiled down on him as he worked on her memorial spot and said, “that’s my little brother!”. I love that Jared takes time to do these things for me and even more so that he thinks so much of her that he wants her to be remembered as someone who though isn’t here with us she is a part of our family.

God has blessed me and just keeps pouring out His blessings upon me. I am married to the sweetest man on earth and we have two gorgeous boys. Is life always perfect in the Hays household? Of course not, but we live each day out together and Wayne and I are raising our boys with moral values and integrity and to serve and love God in the hopes they will take these things with them throughout their lives. We want them to be used by God in mighty ways.

So that is the reason for this post, to just brag about these two boys and how they continue to blow my mind!

1 comment:

angierams said...

that is sooo sweet!